CHURCH LEADERSHIP TRAINING
"Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all.…………(Mk. 10:43-45)"
"STARTS WITH A RETREAT During a particularly pressing season of ministry, Jesus invited His disciples, “Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while” (Mark 6:31)."
This training is aimed at developing a deeper understanding of Church leadership and acquiring the skills needed to be an effective spiritual leader. It is designed as a single parish leaders/elders training. The syllabus can be adapted to match the needs of each church/parish
LECTURES• Understanding the Church: Nature and Purpose of the Church
• Godly Character: An imperative for Church Leaders
• We are Called to Serve: Servant Leadership vs Self-Serving Leadership
• Introduction to Homiletics: The Art and Science of Preaching 1
• Introduction to Homiletics: The Art and Science of Preaching 2
• Vision and Strategies for Growth: Evangelism in the 21st Century
• Church Discipline: God’s Idea not Man’s .When discipline leaves a church, Christ goes with it.
• How to Prevent and Deal with Conflict in the Church
• Managing Church Finances: Principles and Practice
• Church Workers Code of Conduct
• Listening and Communicating Effectively with your team
• Time Management
• Listening and Communication Skills
COURSE DURATION: 6 Months
CLASSES (Church Premises): Once a month
CERTIFICATE:The Samuel Foundation will issue certificates to participants at the end of the course
RETREAT: ST ANNE’S MANOR, WOKINGHAM Set in a beautiful country house in 25 acres of grounds. St. Anne’s Manor is stunning ideal setting for Prayer Walk, Fellowship, Lectures and Leadership Workshop.